Monday, April 20, 2020

Covid-19 or what doesn't kill us makes us stronger

Me in front of the clock tower in Graz, Austria. Yes it was cold.

I will never forget when I got on the plane. There were 13 windows and I was in seat 13. I was not a happy camper to get on this shit little airplane in the dreary weather, I was not yet a good flyer. When the rattletrap took to the skies and broke through the clouds and I could see the tops of the Alps in the sunshine I was thrilled to see such a beautiful sight. I flew from Vienna to Graz in amazement.

Well now I am gonna bitch, first to all the asshats that take the whole family shopping on the weekends to Trader Joe's. You are so damn lucky I am the one staying at home during the lockdown. If I had to stand in line and wait for you and your spouse and the kids to exit the store I would be calling the damn Governor and telling that witch to get her ass over here and take care of this shit. This is not the time to be "those people". If I can't buy a gallon of paint you don't need to be bringing all your snotty ass kids to the store. Got it?

I am seeing a huge amount of people on Facebook whining about this virus and lockdown. All seem to be in their twenties. I am gonna say this one time. There is a reason they say only the strong survive. If this nonsense is gonna do you in, well you need to get help. This is nothing, it is irritating, it is boring and yes it is killing people. If you work in hospitals you see people die every day. If you are a mom you see new messes every day. If you are over twenty you know there is way worse shit out there and you will probably see it close up and personal at some point. Quit whining. Life is not fair. As the over used phrase says-put on your big girl/boy panties and get on with it, whatever you have to do.

If you need to hide, go hide, get help. The rest of us have shit to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment