Sunday, April 19, 2020

Gotta have a plan


Oh my gosh, a wine cellar in Austria in the winter. Yes it was cold and yes that is my glass. Kidding.

Trying to get unbored. Trying to get Big Daddy on a schedule. I am just in the rut and can't seem to get out. BD needs a firm schedule or he just wanders about. After I finish this I am forcing myself to do one damn thing that is important. Just one.

I am planning a trip for when this is over. Don't care how long it takes someday we will again go on a pleasure trip. I have picked Charleston, SC. We have never been, they have a lot of history to explore, great food and a nice sounding hotel, The Dewberry.

There are great houses to explore in town but one outside of town, a plantation house intriques me. It is called Drayton Hall and it is currently being restored. It was never restored in the past and seems to have hosted both the original owners family and the freed slaves at least until the 1970's. It is a Palladian style home and I know nothing of architecture so I am investigating this. Something to do. And I must find out what a cooper is, or was.

2 comments:

  1. Charleston is a nice city and when I lived in NC, I would often go there in the spring for the Spoleto Festival. Then I moved north and west. I have never been in Savannah (I'd been by it a dozen or more times on the train and I-95) until I came down here for an interview in April 2014. I much prefer Savannah--the town with the historic squares and a lot going on. That said, Charleston is also nice. Let's hope we can soon travel. -sage

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Savannah but we need something new. I think Charleston will not be as fun or as someplace to keep returning, which Savannah seems to be. Hubs still talks about Mrs. Wilkes.

    ReplyDelete