Monday, January 19, 2015

Sick, sick, sick



Did I ever show you my grandfather's ring? This is my great grandmother's diamond and my mother had it set into a ring for my grandfather-her son. When grandpa died my grandmother wore the ring and then she gave it to my mother. When my grandmother died my mother gave it to me. Grandpa always wanted me to have it. You can't tell in the picture but it is a very good diamond. So I am the fourth generation on the diamond and the 3rd on the ring. Punkin Head or his progeny will be next. The ring can't take much further sizing though, it is not a hefty setting.

I had to work all weekend, mostly conference calls, hours and hours of them. This is a really bad situation. Really bad. Started right when I got home Friday and just went on and on.

And then I fell asleep last evening and could not wake up. And then in the middle of the night I was sick. Really sick. So today I texted the boss and said no way Jose, no more calls and no more nothing. I am done. I do not think I will go in tomorrow as I still don't feel great, although the worst seems to have passed.

We went for lunch Saturday, in between conference calls and it started up about an hour later. I wonder if it was something I ate.

Speaking of which, Punkin Head called and he is so happy-he got his shipment of Better Maid potato chips. He loves the Red Hots. They are the best chips ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment