Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Home again, home again jiggety jig


I have no clue what this is a picture of, when it was taken, and why I thought it was a good idea.

I downloaded my pitiful photos from the trip to bring mom home, and they are not to be found. Big Daddy had my worked on while I was gone and now the pics are in hiding. Oh well, I will eventually find them.

I left to get my mom on Monday and I believe on Wednesday I told her we had to start taking photos. She wanted to take a selfie of us when we were sitting on opposite sides of a table at Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel became our go to eating spot.

Highlights of our journey:

I took a favorite handbag that I had not used in 10 years. Large and with a matte metallic finish, pewter, I thought it would be perfect. It started molting on the plane and by the end of the trip was a horrid mess.

I took my favorite brown leather loafers for driving. The first day I put them on the insides came apart and I could hardly get my foot out to peel this lining type shit off my feet. They went into the trash.

Day one I needed a cuticle trimmer, Salonpas pain patches and a new handbag. I never managed to get any of these items. Oh, and a pair of shoes since all the other footwear was sandals. My feet were cold in the tops of the Adirondacks.

A Lincoln MKC is not a vehicle with room for toting my mother's items and it needed to be filled up constantly as the range was only 350 miles per fill-up. Also bad road noise.

I do have to say I almost peed my pants laughing every day. We did have some fun. I will post the few and crappy photos soon. And yes there is one of Curly, if I can find it.

I did not see the Internet or read a paper and I barely heard the news. Heard the Prince died news and that was about it, too tired and too hard to figure out all the hotel TV and remotes.

Colder here today, more to follow as I vow to keep writing this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment