Thursday, May 7, 2020

Bless her heart



I make menus so we shop within reason. Big Daddy is known to go overboard so I try and help him, plus he gets tired of thinking up stuff to cook. So my new thing is to cook from a different cookbook each week. This is French week. Two different cookbooks but all Francais.

Last night was roast chicken. It was delish. You roast it with a piece or so of bread on the bottom of the pan and set the chicken on the bread. The bread itself comes out crispy and chicken flavored, just perfect. The cook gets this special tidbit.

Also lots of lentils, soups and salads. With slivered red onions. Delish.

I am also taking care of the old folks in Florida, my mom and her cohorts. Mostly I am trying to keep my mom away from them. She is in quarantine caused she did not follow the rules. One of her buds thought her air conditioner was making a strange noise at 2 AM and she could not get it to shut off. So she called 911. Bless her heart, they told her to pull the breakers.


No comments:

Post a Comment