Thursday, May 21, 2020

People need to lose weight and celebs could help dammit


Gross picture of freezing warts. I had these tiny warts, I did not know what they were, and they irritated me. I was always playing and scratching and just could not leave them alone. Finally I went to the dermatologist and she froze them. It hurt like the dickens for a long time. A long time. 

Well yesterday I went out for the first time since March 2. I drove Big Daddy to the eye surgeon to have his cataracts looked at. This was about a 30 minute drive with no traffic and we had the first appointment of the day. It was a beautiful day, 55 degrees and bright sunshine. Parking lot was wide open with only a few cars for staff here and there. I parked kinda back and in the middle so I could see the entry day but away from the few cars. No need to get too close to anyone. 

Now one of the things they are telling us is that we could use some sunshine. And some exercise. And stay the hell away from each other. 

So with my wide open view I watched everyone who came after me vie and struggle to get in the front row closest to the door. Parking was tight, so tight many had to try a few times to get into their tiny slot. As they shuffled in, and I am not kidding no one walked with purpose or ease-actually some of them seemed to be stiff and not used to walking-I noticed every one of them was overweight. The very thing that is the worst for Covid 19 survival. None of these people were obese, just too much fat.

I think the needed change is going to take more that just lip service. Everyone had on masks and gloves. But parking close is ingrained. Walking is not. Getting in quick, not enjoying the sunshine and pretty weather. Cramming into the first row instead of spreading out. Maybe the celebs should do some PSAs on this stuff. 

Although I must say as you had to go in, check in and go back out to your car to wait at least they had to walk the little short distance twice. And bang each others car doors twice. And we will talk about those nasty gloves next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment