Sunday, June 22, 2014

We want Pie

These are my new shoes.
I never buy anything so colorful, but these shoes touched my soul.

Big Daddy went to Eastern Market this Saturday morning and came home with the first Michigan strawberries. They are wonderful. We had them Saturday night with just a bit of whipped cream. We had them Sunday morning as strawberry shortcake. We are having strawberry pie for dessert tonight. I am in strawberry heaven.

Saturday night we had rack of lamb. I am not a lamb person. Badger talked up the Australian lamb at Costco so much, I thought we should just go for it. It was wonderful, rack of lamb and I could try this again. Not sure if I am ready for the leg of lamb. Big Daddy says he thinks I only had mutton in the past-making me a non-lamb lover.

Punkin Head gave me my latest laugh, he tells me water fountains out there are called bubblers. That is kinda cute.

Gotta figure out what to do with the extra strawberry pie.

6 comments:

  1. The slippers are bubbly little things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are only about seventeen things you can do with strawberry pie. I would stick with number one and eat it. I can not get my wife to eat "strange" meats. I just recently got a tube of anchovy paste and used some in my gumbo yesterday, yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember the 2 Fat Ladies on the BBC, they made an appetizer called Gentlemen's Savories with anchovy paste. Big Daddy made them, they were tasty.

      Delete
  3. The only strawberries we can get here a Driscolls and they are invariably no good. In Australia we always called water fountains bubblers when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they will import some Michigan berries soon.

      Delete