Friday, November 19, 2010

I am sick

And this is actually Saturday, November 20

I opted out of the Shenzhen trip as I felt horrible. Tuesday night walking back to the apartment I suddenly felt like a truck me. Honestly did not think I could make it back to the apartment. Went to bed early so I woke up early and felt ok. For about an hour. Still not great today but I think it peaked and will be ok tomorrow. And of course there was an article in the infamous China Daily about a case of the bird flu in Hong Kong. Hong Kong says she got it in a recent shopping trip to Shanghai. And as the typical hypochondriac that I am, now I have to worry about traveling home while hiding the bird flu. Oh, and I ran out of kleenex and am now using the famous Chinese toilet paper to blow my nose.

And we have to move on Monday now. And Big Daddy will not be home until late Sunday. And I have nothing to pack shit into and still feel bad enough not to care. And when the ayis came on Friday she looked in all my kitchen cupboards. WTF.

Now they are saying in the contract that I only get ayi 2 times a week. BD says we can get extra towels by calling someone, so I say, twice a week is fine. All they do is change the linens and half-ass clean the bathrooms and make the kitchen dirty. I still cannot figure out how the kitchen sink and counters are dirtier when they finish cleaning than when they started. Boggles the mind.

On the bright side I won't have to sleep in the hall anymore as the beds in the new apartment face the correct direction for my Feng Shui needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment