Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beautiful day in Detroit

Sunshine and warm. Just doesn't get better than this.

Saw my beautiful niece and nephew, they are fantastic and I enjoyed it so much.

Bought rubber shoes for Shanghai. Nephew helped me pick them out as neither of us wear rubber shoes and it was a big decision. We decided to forgo the jujubes are whatever the hell they are as they looked potentially painful and they did not have Hello Kitty.

Found a Fiat dealer on Hall Road have to check that out soon as we are looking for a new car in July.

Finally sleeping a normal restful sleep which is just about right as I will be leaving in a few days.

Big Daddy hunted all over Shanghai for a lighted make-up mirror for me with no luck at all. One lady even took pity on him and went to the other stores with him. His big find was when one store after much "okay, okay" brought him a hand mirror and a flashlight. We cannot make this shit up.

I cannot believe I am actually looking forward to returning to Shanghai. And as they are putting a lot of people in jail the streets should not be as crowded. It is what it is.

On a serious note I bought a pair of Toms shoes. For every pair of shoes you buy Toms gives a pair of shoes to a child who has no shoes. These are not expensive shoes, mine cost just over 50 bucks US. And mine are sparkled silver which I guarantee you every wench on Nanjing LU will be chasing my ass to see where I got them. Chinese love sparkly. And today so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment