Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pork 4 ways

This is how it all begins ,
a pork butt roast-bone in-rubbed with a favorite rub that Punkin Head gave Big Daddy. This is a four pound pork roast. You need 4 portions out of this roast to serve 2 people at a time.

The first night was sliced, roasted pork with roasted root veggies, acorn squash, and  brussel sprouts with a chopped salad. Delicious.

The second night was pork stir fry. It missed the mark. Could have been the recipe and I am not a stir fry fan so I am not searching out a better one. Big Daddy said next time he would do pork hash.

The third night was pork tacos and they were fantastic. I cannot eat tacos unless there is shredded lettuce and diced tomato. We used to get this from the authentic Mexican restaurants along the migrant farmer routes.

The fourth night was pork and navy bean soup and was quite good.

As I said before, I would freeze and serve one portion a week as that is too much of the same damn thing every night. But it did give us some new foods to think about and some new tastes.

I hope this helps someone in a rut and I hope someone can share their food in a rut climb-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment