Sunday, September 16, 2012

Looks can be deceiving


Mushroom Pie

This is about an hour out of the oven and Big Daddy wanted a taste. He said it is scrumptious. It is not as pretty as the other food but it is tasty. The steel cut oats in the crock pot looked magazine perfect but I did not like the mushy apple texture and I think it needed a pinch of salt not included in the recipe. I will make the oats again with a revised recipe and maybe some slivered almonds on top.

We have to clean out the pantry today as tomorrow is furnace day. I think it is time to get rid of some of the vases and unused luggage. This should be interesting to find out what is down there. I never cleaned out the pantry when I got home.

BD is going to the fish monger and dinner will be a surprise. Next week maybe to the weird but clean meat supply place where they have tasso ham and buffalo and duck and other said edibles. I have not had duck since leaving China.

Off to get dressed and tackle the pantry.

3 comments:

  1. I found an interesting eXotic food website from a WSJ article on holiday geese.

    www.dartagnan.com

    It has been usuaLLy wet here lately, so there was a strange mushroom in the middle of the lawn, orange colored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder where the orange came from, soil or spore?

      Delete
  2. It don't look like much, but I'd take a slice!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete