Friday, December 14, 2012

Embarrassing secrets

I am addicted to trashy television. There are so few interesting shows anymore and not as many episodes as in the past. Other than some of the cooking shows and a handful of greats it is slim pickin' in the world of television. Honey Boo Boo aside,  there just isn't a lot to pick from. Ice loves Coco was fine at first but not much substance. And now I have a dilemma. Two of my trashy shows are having a face-off.

On Sunday evening The Bachelorette Wedding, showing those crazy in love kids who are getting married in a television special-with special events like the bridal gown fittings and parties that lead up to the nuptials. Opposite is the finale for Survivor Philippines with Lisa Welchel from The Facts Of Life and Michael Skupin the idjit that fell into the fire a few seasons ago in the final 3. I am at a loss on what to do.

Of all the horseshit on television the piece of garbage shows I watch are having a special on the same fucking night, not even close to the night they regularly air. I guess I should just be thankful that Barbara Walters is not having a special the same ass night. And that Nucky Thompson is hunkered down on the Boardwalk waiting for a sign by the HBO gods that there is another season.

The only decent new show, new to me-not the world, that I have found is The Big Bang Theory. Watched it by accident and laughed my ass off. Not as good as Modern Family but better than most of the others.

What is anyone else out there watching? Esby likes Breaking Bad and I am looking into that one next.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for reality tv. I'm bereft now that The Amazing Race is over. I'm sure I'll watch Survivor on Sunday. I'll watch as many back-to-back episodes of Say Yes to the Dress as TLC cares to air. And recently I've become hooked on Iron Men on the Weather Channel, mainly because my company has done consulting work on a lot of the bridges featured on the show.

    I used to watch all of the singing competitions, but lately they've got way too much padding and not nearly enough actual, well, singing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 more shows to look into. I am burned out on the singing and now the dancing unless some great trashy star is on, Gennifer Flowers was trying to get on and I think that would be a hoot.

      Delete
  2. We just started watching breaking bad. Brilliant! I love Boardwalk. The Good Wife is sort of OK though the plots are paper thin. Currently watching season 2 of Homeland which is also sort of OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. I was once hooked on Judge Judy. Am now wrapped up in Hoarders (not literally), Intervention, and anything involving morons running from the police. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete