Tuesday, March 17, 2020

It is all about Big Daddy's knee


One thing Curly and I agree on is sparkly shoes, she loves them and I buy them.

The end of February Big Daddy got his right knee replaced.

 A couple years ago he had the left one replaced and that was the worst one. It was terrible, the recovery was long and painful and nothing about it was pleasant. It was a real horror story. He was back to work in about 2 weeks and he should have stayed home longer.

He had the last surgery on a Thursday and was home Friday late afternoon. Not by choice but it worked out okay. He was planning to spend an extra day and his doctor wanted him gone. BD thinks it is his reputation, I burn em and turn em in 24 hours. I think it is because the hospital has gone downhill with the new owners and it is a cost save. The doctor and I almost had words and I think everyone in the joint knew we were not happy so they got us out of there fast. Which is what I wanted and my major complaint. When they were good the discharge was a hot mess. This one was unbelievable.

This hospital used to be the best and the downhill slide is hard to see. The volunteer in the surgery waiting room is having some sort of flirty relationship with a doctor, in the hall, away from her station and just waves people in--Go on in I will catch you later. Yea right. When they brought BD back to his room I was reading and he wanted his glasses and the TV. No TV thing. So about 20 minutes or so later a nurse comes in and starts loudly demanding to know how long BD had been there. She was furious, she is supposed to be contacted to sign off on the transfer. She was writing everyone up and one hot badass woman. Problem was I was her whipping boy and I don't work there. Then things went downhill.

So God was with us and I got him in the house without his falling on his ass. Our house is not user friendly for people with a walker and it was the coldest day of the year after a snow storm. This was Friday night. He cooked dinner. Monday he went to the eye doctor and picked up his glasses and went to the market. Friday he went to the doctor, took me to lunch and was back to work on Monday. This was a piece of cake.

Then Gov Gretchen Whitmer, not my favorite person, closed his Psychical Therapy Place Which is at his Doctors Office and ONLY used by his doctor's patients. This place is not Planet Fitness or Gold's Gym, (which she also closed) it is a damn place for surgery patients to rehab so the damn surgery does not fail. What is wrong with this asshat.

This is also the woman that wanted to add a 45 cent a gallon gas task to fix the damn roads. We already have the highest gas in the nation and she wants more and trust me the money for the roads never goes to the roads. Been there done that.

Oh and everyone in town is talking shit about the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that closed therapy gyms... I can see why they closed other kinds, but they are still open here. I just saw the Michigan governor on TV. I wonder what the "Nerd" would have done--he was still governor when I left Michigan

    www.thepulpitandthepen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what the nerd would have done. I always thought one of his biggest problems was indecision and following the herd. Have not heard from him since he left office, I think he may have been really glad to get out of the public eye.

    ReplyDelete