Thursday, March 19, 2020

Yes, this kinda sucks


Bringing mom and the dog home to my house last July 4. Mom hates to fly, Lily had never flown and everything went fine. Flew first class, mom had breakfast and a movie and I had a Bloody Mary.

That trip was surreal. Her PA in Florida called me and said the doctor had reviewed her chart and wanted her in the hospital. Yea, the docs don't check the patients or their charts in a timely manner. As I had experienced Florida medicine before I was not going down that road. I called mom and told her after her needle biopsy on Wednesday I would be there, load her bags and dog and take her to Orlando to fly home to Michigan. She did not ask one question, just said okay.

So she went in and had the biopsy, finished packing, and Big Daddy and I arrived. I knew I could not do this alone. We packed the car and went to the breast clinic to pick up her records. This took one hour but the doctor was so nice and gave me his personal mobile number and said text if I can help. Best doctor in Florida.

Then we drove to Orlando, got rooms at the airport Holiday Inn and crashed. Fed mom and us and that was it. The next morning I loaded up the car, gave everyone a Dramamine and we were off. I dropped BD and mom at the curb and turned in the rental car. When I got to Delta First Class they were waiting and ready with the wheelchair and mom had TSA Precheck thanks to BD, or Mr. Diamond as he likes to call himself.

I was amazed how well this went. Only hiccup was I had to take Lily out of her crate and carry her through the machine. Well now, Lily had never before been in a crate and taking her out in the middle of TSA was kinda scary for me. She loved it, really loved it. Problem was at the other side I had to put her back in the crate all by myself. 'Cos of course I did not have the leash handy.

When we got to the gate I let BD go to the Sky Club as he was looking stressed. Everything was fine until we got back and BD had a problem getting the car back at Airlines Parking, they get shitty when you don't have your parking ticket. So from Tuesday's put her in the hospital, Wednesday's needle biopsy and Thursday's flight--Friday she was at my Internist and Monday at the Oncologist. What a trip.

As I predicted the UAW shut down the assembly plants.

New news everyone is unhappy with the "kids" not taking this seriously. HMMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment