Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The cooking went well, kinda

I made a pasta sauce from a recipe I found on the net that had over 900 positive reviews. The reviews were overwhelmingly positive as the best sauce ever. This was my goal, make the best sauce ever. It was okay to pretty good. Best sauce ever, I don't think so. The kids said it was good and they would not lie, so it was good, not great. But I think I can tweak it if I search out more recipes and do some research. Big Daddy loves pasta and with whole wheat pasta so easy to find I do not feel as bad eating it. One of the reviews said the family would trade a steak dinner for this pasta sauce, I think that is bat shit crazy.

The garlic bread did not turn out, but BD was in charge of that. All I did was roast the garlic. Punkin Head graciously agreed to bring the wine for me, I lost my glasses in between the hairdresser and the market and could not read the labels.

Speaking of the hairdresser, I went crazy with my hair color. I am no longer a light blond. I am now reddish blond and in no way pretending this could be a natural occurrence.

Today I am supposed to make a pasta and bean salad to have with a rotisserie chicken. We will see. This is on the menu as the pinto beans from Monday were to be used. But my pinto beans fell apart into soup beans they were so well cooked.

I remember 6 or 7 years ago when I was on a business trip in BFE south and they put me up in a company condo and I had to go to the grocery store. I had not shopped for food and such for 15 years and I was amazed. I only needed coffee stuff and TP and tissues but it was a nightmare, I could not believe people did this on a regular basis. I gained a new respect for BD who did all our shopping. And now here I am trying to cook our meals. What a hoot.


4 comments:

  1. Peapod. I am certain they have it in the Pointies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, never in the Pointes, people are too cheap to pay for it. The Farms's Market delivers, think it is up to 5 bucks plus tip and very few pay for that. Although, once a famous family (think car)was placing an order when BD was at the store, 2 pieces bacon, 2 pieces bread and 2 eggs-for delivery. Yes, they will split up loaves of bread for you.

      Delete
  2. I am tired of eating out, too much in recent weeks, grossed out by their uncleanliness multiple times, so I am going to resume chef-ing at home. I have done veRy little groc shopping in the last six months, the place must miss me terribly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After China nothing surprises me on the hygiene front. Did I spell that right? For years I refused to eat ground meat and now I will only eat it from Farms as they track the farm it comes from and grind their own. Worth watching I think.

      Delete