Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What would Walter Reuther think?


Grosse Pointe Woods lakefront park view.


Our ducks being fed by old people.

The Detroit Water and Sewerage Department workers are on strike. The reasons are too numerous to cover here, the highlights being the workers are pissed they have to give up the horse shoer position and they do not like the Federal Judge telling them what to do. Yes, we have been under Federal oversight for years for dumping shit into the Detroit River. But what I am stunned by with this illegal action is that the picket line is now a sitting in a cheap drugstore chair line. The striking workers set up their chairs so they can chat and put the signs up against a fence. What Would Walter Reuther think?

The exciting news for the week is that I learned to work the oven. I am amazed it never occurred to me that something was wrong with my oven skills. I needed the oven set to 200 degrees and I could not for the life of me make that happen. When Big Daddy came home I informed him we had a broken oven and I would need a toaster oven to finish my project. He went over and set the oven at the right temperature and made me angry. Then he taught me how to set the temperature and made me feel better. This could explain some past snafu's. I will post on the project when it is finished.

And finally there is justice in the world. Justice One, Honey Boo Boo and her family got a raise of 10 grand or so per episode. Justice Two, a juror got thrown off the Kwame Kilpatrick Enterprise trial for sleeping.

Go Tigers, AL Central Division winners makes it a sweet October.

No comments:

Post a Comment