Saturday, February 16, 2013

Funeral Event Planning


This is my quilt

It is not like I don't have enough on my plate what with watching trash TV, reading cookbooks and taking the dog out-now I have to deal with funeral wishes. My MIL has sent out an email stating that she wants her funeral decorated with some of her quilts. She is a quilter and after outfitting her home with quilts she made one for each child and then each grandchild. When she bemoaned that she had run out people to quilt for I said she could make one for all the in-laws. She made me a beautiful green and purple flowered one. As Big Daddy's brother goes through wives like some men go through socks this also kept her busy.



Well, when she made Big Daddy's, it is a smaller one-more like a throw for the end of the bed, we used it. It is unusual, black with pink roses. I noticed before we went to China it was in need of some TLC. This quilt is raggedy ass on the edges. I just know BD's sisters are gonna want all the kids quilts at this damn funeral and I cannot take a raggedy ass quilt in for display. And I can't call my MIL and tell her this quilt is falling apart. No one else's quilts are falling apart. Mine and Punkin Head's are still good. WTF. This is all gonna back on me as being a serial quilt killer.


Raggedy edges that actually separate in places

And you know if I don't get this fixed she is gonna die right away. It is like the "carry an umbrella and it won't rain" thing. This is a terrible burden. How was I supposed to know this was a display not a "use" item.

You know I don't have a great track record with funerals. From cousins throwing themselves into the coffin, aunts throwing themselves across coffins, BD being told he was not a member of the family and had to sit in back, almost falling down an icy hill in January at one cemetery and we don't even want to talk about my dad's funeral. Now I have to deal with the quilt situation. And it is faded. Woe is me.

4 comments:

  1. But this is what happens to quilts. If it doesn't they weren't used and loved. So, you can look them all in the eye and announce no other quilt was loved as much as this. Ha. Take that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my AC customers has a large workshop just for quilting, keeps her pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In looking for someone to repair it, no one does repairs-they just want to teach me to quilt.

      Delete