Tuesday, February 26, 2013

They can't steal my joy


This is our stereo, it is built in the wall.

I think I told you about the stereo before, well it broke. First I noticed it was cutting out and the next thing you know it just died. Big Daddy took it in for repair, this is the second time we have had to repair it in the 20 or so years we have lived here. It came with the house. The only time we use it really is for the news and traffic in the morning but that is important. I am not sure we even have a cassette tape to test that appliance out. Punkin Head thinks we are crazy getting this fixed.

The visit to the blood-taking place was a horror story. The woman that was there was Ms. Nasty Grumpy and yes I have a lump where she took the blood. On a high note my blood pressure was 107/74 which is normal. When I go to the doctor it is always high. Oh, and for the second time in a week I have seen a new number on the scales. Don't know if my body finally admitted I am on a diet or the increased thyroid medication is responsible.

I have investigated improving my cholesterol and losing weight without having to take statins for the cholesterol. Green tea, physical activity, eating properly, oatmeal and fiber were the biggies. So, I went to CVS for some more Benefiber and that turned into a mess.  They did not have any and I ended up with some other stuff that seemed kinda like it. Then the clerk asked me if I found everything and I said there was no Benefiber, he called a manager who after checking insisted the stuff I had was Benefiber under a new name and package from the same company. When I got home and checked this seemed false. So I checked on the Internet and called the Benefiber company. They informed me that no the stuff I bought was not theirs, but, tada . . . there is no Benefiber because of some blah, blah, blah, which I interpreted as corporate bullshit for there is a huge problem and we can't make it right now. So, there is no real or phony Benefiber. WTF.

Well, we are supposed to get 6 to 12 inches this evening so we will see.

4 comments:

  1. So glad the thyroid meds seem to be helping. One more piece of advice your doctor may not tell you--ask that brand name be prescribed. Generics can vary 10% either way. Makes thyroid control very difficult. Well, happy snow days. More to come, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awake ear aching, mainly the left side. It is usuaLLy Cooper hat has the ear problems, not me. Our heavy snow storm started to melt some today, but there were a few blocks in my neighborhood with only a single lane for traffic with drifted snow not quite 2 feet deep on the roads.

    ReplyDelete