Monday, February 25, 2013

Gotta rant for a minute

I hesitate to lay the blame right at Obama's feet but where else would this belong. As many of you are aware the cost of insurance has gone up recently. Some of us must pay a portion of our insurance and yes we noticed. And it cost more than the free shit I get now.

We are going through our yearly doctor appointments for the first time in 3-4 years and have completed almost all of it. One or two tests remain.

Tomorrow we have to go in and have blood work done for the company insurance requirements so that our insurance will not go up again.

I am calling bullshit on all this crap required by the insurance company. And I am calling double bullshit on this saving any money for anything or anybody. Repeating tests just for the hell of it is stupid. In my opinion this is simply to collect data on people that cannot be obtained from the doctor's records. And what is this shit about having your picture taken to go with your file? If the highly trained and competent idiots in the TSA cannot figure out picture ID I am supposed to believe the clerks in insurance companies making minimum wage can tell if I have a new hairdo or not. I don't think so.

And who is paying for my fuel to drive my car and increase my carbon footprint in order to have all this testing repeated? Just found out mileage reimbursement is .565 per mile for this jaunt.

Everything is already documented to keep the lower rate, Big Daddy had to report how many steps he took every day for awhile,  and now this. I think I need a tin foil hat.

And the thing that really pisses me off, 95 % of the time I have a problem with the taking of the blood. Not long ago as I walked out of the room blood started running down my arms onto the floor. I had to go back and get pressure bandages put on and sit there. Once the bruise and swelling was so bad it was 2 weeks before I could use my arm.

I hate this shit.

5 comments:

  1. I must be a slow reader, it took me one minute plus 38 seconds. I agree with you. It has been over four years since I have been to a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to cost bullshit on the original culprit, the cost of healthcare. That's the real scam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making it more expensive is not fixing anything.

      Delete
  3. I have bad news for you. The cost of health care is going to keep going up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What pisses me off is the liars blowing smoke up my ass that it is getting cheaper and better, I don't think so.

      Delete