Thursday, June 21, 2012

Y'all know I can't cook



I decided if I did not take charge of this dinner situation we would have a meltdown. Big Daddy loves a challenge.  I mentioned macaroni salad with grilled chicken and grilled avocado. I offered to make the dry  rub and doctor up the chicken while I was making the macaroni salad. Big Daddy did not trust me to make the dry rub or to rub it on the chicken. Hmmm. Only thing that went wrong was the pasta had to be redone, first batch was ruined. 



After squeezing the lime juice on the avocado you can put some salsa and sour cream in the middle if you wish. 


New thing I learned that flabbergasted me, there is frozen oatmeal at Trader Joe's. Who the hell would buy frozen oatmeal and why? For horrible oatmeal wouldn't instant be just as bad and quicker to prepare? 


I took my down comforter and down mattress pad to the cleaners and no one could figure out how much to charge for the mattress pad. The comforter was 42 dollars. This dilemma required the owner making a special visit to price my pad. It will be 38.50. When I get it back I will make the bed with the Mysore silk coverings and we will see. 


Oh and I got a wild hair up my ass this week and decided I was tired of being a boring blond. So I changed my hair color. And no one noticed. 



4 comments:

  1. Sorry, I didn't notice either, but I think I have a good eXcuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am weeping at the heartbreak of it all, gorgeous hair ignored.

      Delete
  2. Yes, but what color did you go to? If it's a beautiful flaming red, shame on the people around you. It it's light brown, as one with hair that color, I can tell you that few people will notice.

    Blonde is what you want. Go back. I can hear it calling you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kept the blond and added red lowlights. I am loving it, quite a bit warmer and I don't look so pale. There is enough definition someone should have noticed red streaks in my hair.

      Delete