Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Orleans part 2


Krewe of Cork starting their parade.

Cold and blustery, actually looks like snow clouds out there on the horizon. I've been up a while with the tummy. There is a large canopy over the balcony and it gets quite noisy when the wind kicks up. Yesterday I was worried about a lighter coat, today I am sorry I did not bring a full length coat.

We got some nice throws yesterday. It was raining and cold during the parade so we watched the start and took off. Dinner was at the Rib Room, good as always but our waiter had a problem with his ankle and called in, so no good gossip. The other waiter we like is at Galatoire's and I don't know that I am up for lining up outside in this weather. Dinner at Antoine's tonight.





2 comments:

  1. You have me hungry for crawfish and shrimp etouffee now. I will have to get some on my trip Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. New Orleans: music and food and dancing, happy folk. Lovely.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete