Sunday, January 22, 2012

Organizing the crap

Yesterday we took a huge load of books to the Bell Bar, Amay's place. As it rained and gusted all day this was not a fun trip. We had to go down first and get our room cards turned back on, again. We were standing on the curb waving to the taxis when this black guy stood out just a little beyond us. I just could not help myself, I looked at him and said, "You know you are not getting into a taxi before me, right. Because I will beat your ass with this umbrella." He laughed and said yea, he knew. People are always trying to sneak up and steal your taxi. If they are the anorexic Chinese girls BD just grabs their arm and moves them out of the way. They only weigh about 6 pounds.

Handed over the books, got some coffee beans and took some refreshments. We met the most unusual young man from Germany. He thought Hitler was an okay guy. Hitler built great roads. I know I missed something in this conversation, I just can't put my finger on it. It is unbelievable how many young people are here studying Mandarin because they can't get a job in their home country. Are there no jobs in Germany or are these kids not educated for proper jobs, I mean the one kid has a degree in Physics. Or maybe when daddy pays it is easier to just keep going to school.

The fireworks have started. I wondered as it snowed and rained again today. But the Chinese are fearless of the cold and going to town. So far no spectacular light displays.

We also cleared out the old DVDs and BD took them down to the gym. There were some poor students, again studying Mandarin, and they were thrilled to get the movies. Better than in a landfill.

BD is grilling rib-eyes and making butter beans so life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment